Rescue in Austin, TX

resq1

An elderly man is in critical condition after firefighters rescued him from a house fire in Northeast Austin early Sunday morning, an Austin Fire Department spokesperson said.

Investigators concluded that the fire, on the 2000 block of Northridge Drive near Rogge Lane and Berkman Drive, was accidentally caused by improper use of an extension cord, the spokesperson said.

The damage caused by the fire was estimated to cost about $20,000 for the structure and $10,000 for the contents of the home.

There were no smoke alarms found in the house, the spokesperson said.

The resident remains in critical condition at University Medical Center Brackenridge.

 

Advertisements

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s