Firefighters rescued two women early Saturday morning as flames gutted the three-story house where they rented apartments. Firefighters rushed over to find “the whole front of the house burning,” said Fire Chief Michael Grant. “It was extending up the internal stairwell. It was cutting off the means of egress for the persons on the second and third floor.”
One woman stood trapped at a second-floor window. Another woman stood trapped on the rear third-floor porch.
Firefighters raised their ladders, climbed up and brought the women down to safety.
Three first-floor tenants got out on their own.
Brothers & sisters never neglect good solid ground ladder training, it pays off!