The little boy, who is seen being rescued in the video, was one of five people saved from the blaze, which happened in an apartment block in the town of Lawrenceburg, Tennesse.
The footage shows flames engulfing the stairway of the building, whilst residents inside can be heard shouting, “oh my god!”
Firefighters can then be heard shouting, “drop the kid, drop the kid!” up to a balcony, as a young child is held out to them.
The fire is believed to have started from a lit cigarette which had been discarded.
Only one person is reported to have gone to hospital for smoke inhalation.