May 30, 2023


A man was rescued from his Fairfax County apartment after a power strip started a fire Friday morning, fire officials said.

Fire crews were called to The Jefferson Apartment Homes at 6166 Leesburg Pike in Fairfax County at 3 a.m. A second alarm was called to bring more crews to help extinguish the second floor apartment fire.

The man rescued from the affected apartment was taken to the Burn Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. There’s no word on his condition at this time.

Officials say an electrical anomaly in a power strip is responsible for the fire, adding a smoke detector inside the apartment did not go off due to a dead battery.

More than 50 fire department personnel, including crews from Arlington County, responded to the fire. The fire caused $25,000 in damage.

%d bloggers like this: