May 30, 2023


Avon, NY– One woman was rescued from her home during an overnight house fire Tuesday in Livingston County.
The fire started around 1:00 AM on Sutton Road in the Town of Avon.
When crews arrived, 59-year-old Diane Vonglis was hanging out of the second story window.
Deputy Timothy Sweeting used a ladder to rescue her. Vonglis was taken to Strong Hospital with smoke inhalation.
Investigators said the fire started in the kitchen stove after it caught fire during a self cleaning process.

%d bloggers like this: