November 28, 2023


NILES, Ohio – Niles firefighters rescued a man from a burning home on Monday morning.

Investigators say flames broke out in the bedroom of a home on the 400 block of Fenton Street just after 8:00 a.m.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, a man was on the second floor porch.

Crews used a ladder to rescue him.

He and a woman, who escaped the fire, were taken to the hospital for treatment of minor burns and inhaling too much smoke.

Firefighters say their injuries are not life threatening.

Damage is estimated at $13,000.

About Author

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: