May 30, 2023

Toronto Fire Extricate Womans Hand from Meat Grinder



A 51-year-old woman had to be extricated by firefighters on Friday night after getting her hand caught in a homemade machine for making sausages, according to Toronto Fire.

It took firefighters more than 30 minutes to free the woman’s hand before she was taken to hospital with severe injuries to three fingers and a thumb, according to Fire Capt. David Eckerman.

Firefighters had to use a “personal entrapment kit” which includes shims and dremel saws for fine cutting, Eckerman said.

Paramedics responded to the call at a private residence on Muir St., near Islington and Steeles Aves., around 8:40 p.m. Paramedics confirmed she suffered serious injuries, but could not confirm which hand she injured.

2 thoughts on “Toronto Fire Extricate Womans Hand from Meat Grinder

%d bloggers like this: