Elderly couple rescued from Caldwell Idaho house fire

CALDWELL — Firefighters saved an elderly couple from a house fire on Elm Street in Caldwell late Tuesday. Caldwell Battalion Chief Tim Scott said the man was taken to ICU at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center.
Scott said Caldwell and Middleton fire crews responded to a structure fire at 11:40 p.m. for a home located at 203 Elm Street. He said flames and smoke were billowing out of a bedroom window when firefighters arrived, and a woman appeared in the doorway of the home.
“Firefighters went into rescue mode, and the woman told us her husband was still inside,” Scott said.
Firefighters rushed into the home and rescued the man, who was laying on the living room floor. Scott said the man initially was aware of the fire and awoke his wife to leave the home, but he was overcome by the smoke and passed out before reaching the door.
Scott said rescue crews intubated the man for severe smoke inhalation before he and the woman were rushed to West Valley Medical Center, where the woman was treated and released. The man was later transported to Saint Alphonsus.

More of the story here

Advertisements

One thought on “Elderly couple rescued from Caldwell Idaho house fire

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s