November 28, 2023


Hudson firefighters were said to have saved a man from a house filled with smoke late Sunday afternoon after a neighbor reported hearing an alarm.

The sole occupant of the home was later transported to the Hudson Hospital to be evaluated and the fire was reported under control within 15 minutes.

A St. Croix County dispatcher paged the Hudson Fire Department to a possible structure fire at 1130 Namekagon Loop at 4:08 p.m. after someone reported hearing a fire alarm in the area.

The caller investigated and reported smoke wafting from the basement area of the house but didn’t know if anyone was still inside. Before first-responders arrived, smoke was also reported coming from the roof area.

The first responding Hudson police officer confirmed the smoke and upon checking the home, said windows in the kitchen area were blackened by smoke. He indicated he tried to enter the home but was driven back by the smoke.

Neighbors told officers they thought four children lived at the house. They were soon accounted for but a man was thought to still be inside the home, possibly in the basement.

Hudson firefighters arrived, quickly make entry — possibly through an egress window — and rescued a man inside.

Radio transmissions indicated the man was out, walking around and there were no other occupants.

The fire appeared to be centered in the kitchen and it was reported knocked down at about 4:22 p.m.

Lower St. Croix Valley and Town of St. Joseph firefighters were also called to assist.

River Falls Ambulance moved a truck to Hudson since two ambulances were already out, but they were later released.

St. Croix Co. property records indicate the residence owned by Barbara Miller, of Lake Elmo.

More details will be posted when they become available.

About Author

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: