THUNDER BAY — A woman inside a south side residence that caught fire was rescued by firefighters.
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue crews responded to reports of a structural fire at a Victoria Avenue home around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
“We did find somebody in the building at the time and rescued her from there. The last report I had was that she was not hospitalized,” platoon chief Joe Grzelewski said.
Victoria Avenue was closed between Franklin Street and Norah Street as a large contingent of emergency responders were on scene.
Grzelewski said the cause appears to be determined.
“Right now it looks to be an accidental cause,” he said. “It was a small fire in the kitchen that was quickly put out by our crews.”