Firefighters rescued a woman stuck in the chimney of a Los Angeles school Saturday, fire officials said.
The rescue took place just after 6 p.m. at the three-story Virgil Middle School at 152 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Margaret Stewart.
Aerial footage taken by NewsChopper4 showed members of an urban search and rescue team placing a “capture strap” around the soot-covered woman and lifting her to safety.
She was then placed on a stretcher and taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
It was unclear how the woman, in her 30s, got stuck 25 feet down the chimney shaft. The incident may be connected to a report of a woman threatening to jump from a roof earlier in the day, fire officials said.