Two Rescues in Talyorsville, Utah

TALYORSVILLE, Utah — There were two people unaccounted for when Unified Fire Authority personnel arrived at an apartment fire Sunday night, and firefighters quickly entered the apartment, located both people and got them to safety.

According to UFA, the fire broke out around 7:15 p.m. in an upstairs apartment in the area of 1185 West Clubhouse Drive (4000 South) in the Taylorsville area.

Witnesses said a woman who lives in the apartment was in the parking lot when she noticed the fire and began screaming that her baby was trapped inside. The woman’s husband and child were inside when firefighters arrived, and fire crews rescued both from the building. Initial reports from fire officials indicated it was two children who were inside, but firefighters later corrected that detail.

Four individuals at the scene were being treated for minor smoke inhalation, including the husband and child rescued from inside.  All were treated at the scene and released without needing to go to hospitals.

Firefighters said although it appears the fire started on a kitchen stove, they are treating the blaze as suspicious because some information regarding the incident doesn’t seem to add up.

Advertisements

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s