On March 26 at 2:30 AM, the Las Cruces Fire Department, New Mexico responded to a single-wide mobile home fire with confirmed entrapment. The occupants of the home were awakened to the smell of smoke and encountered heavy fire in the hall outside their bedroom door. Two adults and an infant were able to escape out a window. Their three year old boy remained trapped in his bedroom. The father’s attempts to rescue him were unsuccessful because of the conditions.
The first arriving engine company reported heavy fire engulfing 40% of the mobile home. Firefighters performed a VES of the boys bedroom and removed him. He was unresponsive and efforts to revive him on scene were unsuccessful.
This is the Las Cruces Fire Department’s fourth grab in as many months:
December 10 – http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/2016/12/10/residential-fire-claims-womans-life/95263972/
February 6 – http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/07/firefighters-rescue-woman-burning-apartment/97591618/
February 27 – http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/local/2017/02/27/las-cruces-fire-claims-life-67-year-old-man/98479666/
March 26 – http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/local/2017/03/26/toddler-dies-las-cruces-house-fire/99663762/