September 22, 2023


Hamilton fire crews rescued an elderly man from a house fire Tuesday night.

The Hamilton Fire Department responded around 8:10 p.m. to a residential structure fire at 1341 Carver Place. Crews discovered a fire burning in the kitchen, and while searching the home heard cries of help coming from a bedroom, according to Deputy Chief Troy Pugh.

Firefighters found an elderly gentleman by a window in a rear bedroom.

“They lifted the man out the window to the arms of firemen on the outside of the home,” Pugh said.

The man, whose name and age were not released, was treated at the scene by Hamilton paramedics and taken to West Chester Hospital for smoke inhalation. No firefighters were injured.

Pugh said the cause of the fire appears to be due to cooking on the stove. Damages are estimated to be $20,000.

About Author

%d bloggers like this: