May 30, 2023

Man Rescued from Fire in Collinsville


Firefighters in Collinsville Tuesday night saved the life of a man who apparently started a fire while cooking in his apartment.

The man, who was not identified, was unconscious when he was dragged from his apartment at 223 N. Seminary Street by rescue workers.

He regained consciousness outside the four-apartment building, then was taken to a local hospital by ambulance.

According to fire department reports, the blaze started about 10:30 p.m. Other families in the building were able to escape the smoke and flames without additional injuries.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control by 10:55 p.m

%d bloggers like this: