Rescue in Charlotte, NC

char3

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – An elderly woman was injured after a fire ripped through her home Monday night.

The fire happened shortly before 9 p.m. Monday on Porter Street.

According to the Charlotte Fire Department, two people were able to make it out safely and alerted firefighters that the woman was still trapped inside.

char2

“Firefighters went to the bedroom window and removed her through the window,” said Captain Rob Brisley with the Charlotte Fire Department.

Brisley tells NBC Charlotte, when crews arrived nearly the entire home was engulfed in flames.

“The firefighters couldn’t rescue her through the front door,” said Brisley.

The victim was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to Medic.

The cost of the damage is estimated to cost $80,000.  Officials believe the fire started in the kitchen after food was left cooking on the stove.

Thirty-five firefighters were able to douse the blaze in less than 30 minutes.

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s