I would like to give a quick mention to the members of the Syracuse Fire Department especially the members of Rescue company 1 who made 4 rescues in this fire including this little girl under extremely heavy fire conditions and without a line in place. Strong work by all. Great story below.

resq6

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — A 3-year-old boy, who was hospitalized for two weeks after being in a fatal house fire, has been released, a nursing supervisor said Thursday.

Shamir Spencer Tape was in critical condition when he was rushed to Upstate University Hospital Nov. 13. Syracuse firefighters rescued Shamir Spencer Tape from his burning home around 3:30 a.m. at 2014 S. State St.

Eight family members were taken to Upstate University Hospital after the fire. Margaret “Margo” Settles, 64; her daughter, Shantique Settles, 38; and Margaret Settles’ 4-month-old grandson, Marvon Gunn died at the hospital. The rest of the family was released.

For days, Tape was not awake and on a breathing machine in critical condition in the pediatric intensive care unit at Upstate University Hospital. His mother, Shaquan Spencer, said he was not burned, but breathed in soot during the fire. He was hospitalized for about two weeks, making steady progress that upgraded his condition to good for several days in a row this week.

The family is accepting donations to help them with clothing and monetary needs. Their home and all of their possessions completely burned in the fire.

Advertisements

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s