Grab in Hanover, VA

Hanover County firefighters rescued an elderly woman from a house fire Monday, according to fire officials.

Firefighters were called at 11:22 a.m. to the single-family house in the 12000 block of Greenwood Road in a rural area of Glen Allen, near Old Washington Highway.

Upon arrival, firefighters were told a woman was inside, as a heavy fire was in the kitchen and had spread to the house, coming out of the roof of the home, according to Battalion Chief Jason Williams.

Firefighters quickly found and rescued the woman, who was taken to VCU Medical Center to be treated for injuries, Williams said.

The Hanover Fire Marshal’s Office determined that the fire started in the kitchen as the result of unattended cooking, Williams wrote in a statement shortly before 10 p.m.

The fire was marked under control about 45 minutes after fire crews arrived, according to Williams, who said about 25 fire and EMS rescuers were on the scene.

Advertisements

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s