Rescue in Seattle

squ

SEATTLE — Firefighters used a ladder to rescue a woman trapped inside her second story apartment during an early Saturday morning apartment fire in Seattle’s South Park neighborhood.

Firefighters arrived at an apartment building in the 1000 block of South Thistle Street at about 3:30 a.m. after getting calls about a fire and a woman being trapped inside, according to the Seattle Fire Department.

When they arrived, fire crews found flames shooting out of the building. Firefighters used a ladder to rescue a tenant who was trapped inside her second story apartment.

Three other residents were able to escape the flames on their own, and none of the occupants needed any medical attention.

Firefighters made quick work of the blaze, knocking it down in roughly 20 minutes. The fire was completely extinguished 45 minutes after crews arrived.

It’s unclear what sparked the fire, but Investigators believe it started outside of the building and then spread inside. The Seattle Police Arson Bomb Squad was called to assist in the investigation, according to fire officials.

The fire investigator determined the damage estimate is $200,000 to the structure and $100,000 to the contents.

One overheated firefighter was taken to Harborview Medical Center as a precaution.

Advertisements

Leave a compliment!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s