MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) — A person was rescued after a South Florida home caught fire Friday morning.
The blaze broke out just before 9 a.m. at 8005 Noremac Ave.
Rescue crews helped remove an 89-year-old bedridden woman from the scene after her caretakers were unable to get her out. She was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition. “Being that she’s a bedridden patient, under our primary search, we were able to locate the patient in the rear bedroom in a hospital bed,” said Miami Beach Fire Rescue Chief Timothy Howarth. “Caretakers were on the scene directing us to where she was located.”
Fire Rescue said the blaze started in the garage of the home and grew quickly. “Upon our unit’s arrival, we had a fully evolved structure of the garage at the front of the house,” said Howarth.
Officials believe there was no foul play and the fire may have started from a faulty electrical wire. They are investigating.